Deciphering the Secret Flower Code: The Subtle Messages You SendLevi Brewer | January 27, 2020 | 0 | Fashion
It is common knowledge that flowers have their own language, and each colour and type of bloom is whispering secrets within the florist Cambridge NZ marketplace. While the history of where these secrets come from is not accurate, the meaning of the botanic gifts you send is both informative and fascinating. One bouquet sends the recipient a tale of your undying devotion and love, while the other offers comfort in times of loss.
Fortunately, there are florists who understand flower-speak and can create entire messages by putting together certain flower colours and types. The next time you order or receive a flower delivery, notice the colours and messages and think of the subtle message sent.
The most distinguishing in flowers is the colour, and it is a powerful conveyor of messages. The next time you admire a floral arrangement, consider the emotion expressed by the colours.
- White – This is the colour of virtue, pureness, adoration, sympathy, and innocence. Bouquets with white flowers are a lively gift.
- Red – Red is the colour for passion, vibrancy, and will always demand attention. In general, red flowers are romantic as well as courageous and have an enthusiasm for life.
- Pink – A combination of the purity of white and the fiery spirit of red, pink flowers are whispers of tenderness that is familiar with the nurturing nature of femininity.
- Blue – The colour symbolises openness, and a bouquet of blue flowers is a sign of releasing stress, slowing down, and taking it easy.
- Green – This colour represents life, youthfulness, and spring. Further, receiving or sending green flowers is a wish for good health and fortune.
- Yellow – Symbolising the strong bonds of friendship, yellow flowers are also a taste of pride and success. In addition to evoking the feeling of joy, yellow bursts with happiness into your life.
- Lavender – Any florist Cambridge NZ shop will tell you that lavender is the calm in blue and the vigour in red, all at the same time. Lavender flowers are sensitive, compassionate, spiritual, and reflection.
By flower type
Flower-speak is a creative means of sending a meaningful message to the recipient. When verbal communications fall short, flowers bring in the depth that cements your words. Below are common types of flowers and their significance in the celebration of life:
- Rose – The most requested flower signifies love in various forms, depending on the number, variety, and colour depth.
- Orchid – This plant signifies exotic beauty, thoughtfulness, and refinement. Orchid flowers communicate pride and celebrated the beauty of femininity.
- Carnations – Fragrant and long-lasting, carnations are a great choice in sympathy flower arrangements. The red variants signify admiration, pink for remembrance, and white carnations for innocence and pure love.
- Hyacinth – A fragrant bell-shaped flower that stands for constancy, sport, and play.
- Daffodils and tulips – Bright yellow variants symbolize fresh starts and renewals, making them ideal for gifting someone who needs hope and encouragement as they go through a difficult phase in their lives.
If you have a special message you want to send, browse through the florist Cambridge NZ market, especially Inspiredby2. Here, the expert florists will help create the perfect bouquet that sends the right message for you. Whether for friendship, love, or mystery, let flowers tell your tale.